Technical SEO Audit
One of the first steps in any successful SEO business is a preliminary in-depth technical SEO audit. Social Links do specific technical audits for various services such as Google ADS Audit; Google Local SEO audits; Shopify SEO & Pay Per Click (PPC) audits.
It is used to identify and then remedy any potential obstacles to the website’s SEO performance, and to determine its current position in the market, relative to its main competitors.
For the SEO audit, we use several industry tested tools and software, there is nothing that competes with the keen eye of our experienced Senior SEOs when it comes to “figuring out” SEO. We’re talking about professionals who have seen it all and have made SEO an art with a thousand facets and a thousand implications.
For the SEO audit, we look at issues including:
- Keyword usage and relevance – are we mentioning and covering the topics our audience wants?
- Originality and quality of content – are we providing information that is unique and appreciated by Google?
- Analysis of on-page and on-site elements – has everything been done properly?
- Canonicalization/duplication of pages/cannibalization – have we inadvertently duplicated content on different URLs or copy-pasted to make or clone others’ pages first?
- Geolocation of pages – are your local pages actually targeted correctly?
- Site architecture – is the site built hierarchically with a clear directory structure and proper internal linking?
- Broken links and server errors and other crawl errors – are we wasting the search bot’s time and bandwidth and frustrating users?
- Redirects and orphaned pages – often caused by site remakes without SEO porting
- Site speed – is something holding it back and isn’t it fast enough?
- SEO Tools Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, Web Analytics Tools – can you track what’s happening?
- Indexing status analysis – how and how much the site is indexed
- VS competitor visibility and positioning report – to know what needs to be done to overcome them
- Backlink analysis – determining factors for ranking
- Mobile compatibility analysis – Google mobile first
- Multi-market/multi-language analysis – have the arrangements for multi-language and multi-country optimization been applied?
- Migration – have all precautions been taken in the event of a change of URL, structure, or layout?
…and any other issues that may affect natural positioning.
Fixing emerging issues can have a major impact on your overall search rankings on Google and other search engines.
In particular, for e-commerce, ad, and editorial sites with thousands of pages, it is essential to be sure that the site technically responds adequately to SEO.
With the SEO audit, we make sure that we know exactly what the problems are, with a full explanation and directions of what needs to be done to fix them.